The Maintenance team is responsible for the structural, mechanical, electrical, commercial HVAC, electronic controls, and hardware systems, needed to meet the mission and goals of Edmonds College. A team of six highly skilled personnel and Manager Rich Hust, cover the nearly 700,000 ft2 campus inside and out.
Work Order Requests
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Lights (Emergency and outside lighting)
- Door lock and hardware
- Painting (as resources allow)
SERVICE NOT PROVIDED:Repair of furniture and appliances.
Work Orders related to health, safety and student learning are given top priority.
Campus standard heating and cooling set points are 68-74 degrees.
Cooling is NOT available at the following buildings: Central Plant Utility, Olympic, and Seaview.
Powerstrip (Surge Bar) - Recommended campus standard:
- Must have metal casing
- Must be UL certified Voltage Protection Rating (VPR) - complies with UL 1449
- Response time is < 1 nano second
Safety considerations from the OSHA Bulletin:
- Power strips can only be used for low AMP rated items, e.g., computers, phone chargers, etc.
- Power strips should not be used for higher AMP rated items, e,g., coffee pots, microwaves, refrigerators, portable heaters, fans, and other high load items.
- Please also do not use with extension cords or daisy chained together.