IT Service Management
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a process-based practice used to align the delivery of information technology (IT) services with the needs of the business, in particular providing value to the end-user.
At Edmonds College, we are in the early stages of adopting ITSM to help us align the right people, tools, and processes. We have selected to use the ITIL framework to base our process improvements.
Initiatives for the 2014-15 academic year
Some specific objectives include
- Help Desk Operations - Consolidate student and employee help desks to reduce operational costs, improve customer service support, and provide quicker turnaround on fulfillment of requests.
- Service Catalog - Define and communicate what services we offer in an easy to understand format.
- Change Management - Reduce the number of service outages resulting from changes made by IT staff through a new review and approval process, and improve communications about planned changes with an IT Change Calendar.
- Incident Management - Establish practices is to restore services back to normal operation as fast as possible if outages occur.
- Asset Management - Create a comprehensive hardware and software inventory.