Canvas is your digital classroom at Edmonds College. Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) providing instructors with a flexible set of tools for managing course material, assignments, student information and publishing course communications.
Services available include:
- Site access management
- Course creation and configuration
- Troubleshooting or assistance
- Maintaining system roles, permissions and access policies through coordination with the Office of Instruction
- Escalating system issues to Instructure when appropriate
- Testing third party products to integrate with Canvas
- Quarterly communications to faculty regarding service scheduling and expectations
Canvas mobile app
Site development assistance
We offer site development assistance which can include site creation and set up or simply sitting down with you to consult and give advice on how to organize and present your content.
Sites for non-instructional use
Canvas sites may also be requested to support college activities such as committees, tasks forces or projects. This option is available to Edmonds College faculty and staff only.
Course sites are created at least 4 weeks before the quarter start date. Faculty members can expect to receive an email from the TRC at this time confirming that course sites for the upcoming quarter are available.
Once you’ve received your academic network account you’ll gain access to log in to Canvas. Access to your course site becomes available on the first day of the quarter.
- Review login instructions
- Log in at https://edmonds.instructure.com/login
- Check out other technology training available.
Mon.-Thurs.: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Mon.-Thurs.: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
What to expect
- Time estimated for requests from employees in a non-teaching role: 1-2 business days
- Course sites are available to students on the first day of the quarter. Previous quarter courses may still be viewable