Computer labs are available to students in many locations across campus. All open labs are staffed to provide technical assistance during open hours. Computers in labs are installed with campus licensed software and configured to utilize student printing stations. Access to community members is also available for a fee.
- Access for students to learn and use site licensed software and printing stations
- High availability of equipment and lab technicians for in-person support
General computing lab resources include
- PC and Mac desktop computers
- Over 1,100 general use computers in multiple locations across campus
- High-speed Internet access
- Access to printing stations and copiers
- Technical assistance in the labs. Typical assistance we support includes help with passwords, accounts, EdMail, Canvas, student wireless, printing, and general computer use.
Management services we provide include
- Identity management, providing students secure logins to resources
- Usage tracking
- Management of printing stations
- Lab maintenance including cleaning, configuring workstations and space
- Desktop image management for software
- Support and management of specialized departmental labs for programs
Our computer labs may be reserved by faculty or staff members to accommodate groups such as classes and academic activities.
Accounts for guests, or community members
If you’re not currently enrolled or employed at Edmonds College, access to computer labs and student wireless is available for a fee. We provide academic network accounts for users who have paid the computer lab use voucher (CLUV).
Assistive technology consulting
We provide support to the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office to ensure technology and software in use in the SSD Computer and Equipment Center is up to date. We can also consult on special accommodations.
- Visit any computer lab locations during hours for student lab support once you’ve received your academic network account.
- If you wish to reserve a computer classroom for a group, complete a request through 25Live, the campus scheduling software.
Academic Computing Services
Walk-in: Alderwood Hall first floor
Walk-in: Lynnwood 305
What to expect
- Estimated time for consulting requests: 1-2 business days to answer questions or inquiries
- Estimated time for processing requests for new accounts: 1 business day
- Estimated time for department lab changes: 12 weeks is the standard response time to changes. If changes are needed to department labs in a quicker timeframe, we can consult with you and identify options.
- You must possess an academic network account to log in and use computer resources in labs.
- Requests for software or hardware changes to department labs are required to be submitted at least 12 weeks (a quarter) in advance.