File Sharing and Storage
All students, faculty and staff have access to web-based file sharing and storage via Google Drive and Docs, part of the Google Apps suite of tools. Additionally, employees may request access to Windows network drives.
- Access your files anywhere with an Internet connection
- Share files with other employees from a central location
With Google Drive and Docs you get:
- Web-based file storage and file sharing
- Unlimited storage (shared across Google Drive, Mail and Calendar)
- A simple interface for file uploading
- File management tools such as folders, setting permissions and sharing
- Drag and drop features
- Automatic document save
- Read about all features that come standard with Google Drive and Docs
With Windows network drives, you get:
- Access to U Drive, a space used for posting more public-relevant documents. You must request access to the U Drive.
Support we provide
- Configuration of Edmonds College domain with Google Apps
- Training and support for using Drive and Docs
You may also request access to R Drive, a Windows network drive available to departments wishing to store documents which need more security and password protection.
Google Drive and Docs
- Log in at http://drive.google.com using your Edmonds College email or Edmail address as your username when prompted.
- Learn Google Drive Basics. Tip: You may return to this tutorial any time within Google Drive by choosing Help from Drive settings.
- If you're interested in training, sign up for a technology workshop offered by START or TRC.
Accessing network file shares
- You may request access to the U or R Drive by submitting a ticket to help desk to request access. Help desk staff will help you set up a connection to the drive.
What to expect
Access to Google Drive does not require submitting a request. Requests for access to the U or R drive are responded to within 1-2 business days and completed on the same day.
Access to all file storage options requires an Edmonds College network login.