Google Drive and Docs
Store and share your stuff.
Google Drive gives you online storage, file creation and sharing tools so you may collaborate easily with anyone in the Edmonds College community. Drive is storage integrated with productivity apps enabling you to create and collaborate without downloading anything. Training and support is available to teach you features and how to use them.
- Safely store your files online and access them anywhere
- Reduce attachments and copies. Keep your files in one location and share out in multiple ways
- Share files and collaborate on content with others in real-time
- Create, upload and store files
- Unlimited storage for materials (shared with Google Mail)
- Organize files into folders
- Set up sharing to a file a folder
- Support for uploading and viewing Microsoft Office docs and Adobe PDF
- Create files in multiple file formats:
- Google Docs - Word processing with inline commenting
- Google Sheets - Spreadsheets
- Google Slides - Visual presentations
- Google Forms - Online forms
- Google Drawings - Flowcharts and diagrams
- Convert files from Office to Google Docs and vice versa
- Download files
- Collaborate with others in real time
Google Drive File Stream
The Google Drive File Stream may be installed on your desktop to add automatic syncing between your computer and Drive. This allows you to access files you’ve placed in Drive at any time—even when you’re not connected to the Internet.
- Log in at http://drive.google.com. Use your Edmonds College email or Edmail address as your username when prompted.
- Learn about Google Drive and Docs.
- If you're interested in training, sign up for a technology workshop through START or TRC.
Visit us on the first floor of Alderwood Hall or the third floor of Lynnwood Hall during current hours for student walk-in support.
Online or phone
EmployeesTechnology Resource Center
What to expect
- Estimated time to gain access to Google Apps: 1 business day after registering for a course, or after your supervisor has requested an employee network account
- Estimated time for processing requests for Google groups: 1-2 business days
Access to this service requires you are actively enrolled with the college, or actively employed.