Site License Agreements
We negotiate and manage license agreements with a range of vendors in order to provide the college community with reduced-cost access to productivity software. We also provide software distribution and upgrades for this software campus-wide.
- Reduced costs for the college to maintain site licenses
- Central management of software licensing increases accountability for the college ensuring that legal compliance to licensing terms are met
- No extra costs to departments to request software
What’s included in this service::
- Access to enterprise software in use across the college such as:
- Google Apps for Education
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Automatic upgrades with desktop image upgrades
- Contract and pricing negotiation
- Software testing and release
- Patches and updates
- License agreement compliance
- Log in to http://drive.google.com. Use your Edmonds College email or Edmail address as your username when prompted.
- Learn about Google Sites.
- If you're interested in training, sign up for a workshop offered by START or TRC.
- Locate Microsoft Office Professional 2010 software through your computer programs menu. If you cannot locate Microsoft Office, you can submit a ticket or contact the Help Desk to initiate a request to have the software installed.
What to expect
- Estimated time for requests for software installations or upgrades: 1-2 business days
- You must possess either an academic network account or an employee network account to use site licensed software.