Wireless for Students
As an Edmonds College student, you're provided access to a wireless network which provides connectivity to the Internet and college networked services across campus.
- Access the Internet or college technology services through a personal or mobile device
- Secure, encrypted Wi-Fi access
- Wireless coverage throughout campus
For the health and safety of our community, all college offices have moved services online through July 30. We will begin offering in-person services by appointment only Aug. 2 through Sept. 3.
Here’s how and when you can reach us:
Phone (voicemail only): 425.640.1234
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Request Support: itsupport.edmonds.edu
Mon., Wed., Thu. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tue. 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
For first time users
- If you have never used your academic network account, change your password before using wireless the first time.
- Open the settings screen on your device where you are prompted to select a wireless network.
- Choose the network called, EDCC from the list and choose, Connect.
- Use your SID credentials (usually starts with 955) to log in.
- Watch the video tutorial, Connect to Edmonds College Student Wireless
- Browse through other tutorials related to Edmonds College student wireless
For CWU Lynnwood Center students
- If you have never used your academic network account, you’ll need to change your password locally through the PC desktop before using wireless the first time
- Review steps for Resetting your Password via the PC Desktop
- If you’re near the Alderwood Hall computer labs, you may alternatively speak with a lab assistant and they can assist with this initial password reset
What to expect
- Estimated time for access to wireless to be established: 1 business day after receiving your academic network account.
- Student wireless is only available during the quarter.
Password policies enforced require that you change your password at least once before you may connect to wireless.