Diversity Basics: Preventing Harassment in the Workplace
Hello! Thank you for joining this course. You are about to take an online, mandatory training called Diversity Basics: Preventing Harassment. This is an approximately one-hour class to help you review skills needed in today’s diverse workplace.
This training’s focus is to 1) raise awareness about diversity in the workplace, 2) help participants understand laws, policies and expectations governing how to work with fellow employees and students at Edmonds College, and 3) review basic skills to prevent harassment including relationship building and effective workplace communication with diverse colleagues and students.
By the end of this training participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of the value of diversity at work
- Be able to define and identify various types of harassment with regards to diversity
- Understand Edmonds College’s policy regarding harassment
- Learn steps in preventing harassment
- Review guidelines for effective relationship building within a diverse workplace.